Richard J. Rinear
Mr. Rinear has successfully represented individuals and business of all sizes for over 35 years. He also acts as general counsel to small to medium sized business and consults with businesses on a wide range of corporate, operational and transactional issues.
Mr. Rinear has successfully litigated civil cases in many areas, including:
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Defense
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Automobile/Truck/Motorcycle Accidents
- Large Loss Property Damage
- Fire Loss and Fire Suppression System Litigation
Fire Suppression System Litigation and Consultation
Mr. Rinear has developed a unique practice in the fire suppression system industry and is regarded as one of the premier litigators in this field. He has successfully litigated many cases, from small kitchen fires and sprinkler malfunctions to multi-million dollar catastrophic fire lawsuits.
Mr. Rinear represents many small, medium and large fire suppression system companies throughout Southwestern Ohio and Northern Kentucky in litigation and business consultation matters. He has spoken at numerous seminars for fire suppression system companies, attorneys and insurers and provides consultation and advice in this field.
Year Joined Firm
Areas Of Practice
- Business Consultation and Startups
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury Litigation and Wrongful Death
- Estate Planning, Probate and Elder Law
- Ohio, 1984
- Kentucky, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Mentor, Ohio High School Mock Trial program, Ohio Center for Law Related Education.
- Fire Suppression System Operation, Litigation and Consultation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Legal Counsel and Board Member, Cincinnati Landmark Productions, Inc.
- Tim Browne Memorial, Inc.
- Volunteer, Cincinnati Legal Aid Society’s Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Program
- Veteran Volunteer, Legal Advisor, Ohio High School Mock Trial program, Ohio Center for Law Related Education